I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Waiting Continues...

After an agonizing 3 days and two phone calls into the cardiologist, I finally heard back from Dr. Sapire today. Our conversation was short and too the point and I did not have the opportunity to ask many questions so there are some that are unanswered. Dr. Sapire said that there is a definite obstruction in Hudson's right ventricle. (I'm not sure if it's grown since his last echo, stayed the same, or shrunk.) An answered prayer however is that they were able to get a REALLY good echo reading because he ended up having to be sedated. He was not going to even begin to let the ultrasound tech even touch him with the wand! Dr. Sapire said that he will yet again be presenting his case to the board. (The first time he presented was when it was decided that Hudson would have his open heart surgery. The second time he presented was in April when they decided they would bring him back for the echo at TCH - done Tuesday.) So here we are again, patiently (as patiently as we possibly can) waiting to hear what the board decides. He will present either in 2 or 3 weeks and we will hear the results hopefully that same day.

But for now we will wait...we will wait with hope and faith that God is hearing our prayers to heal Hudson's heart without any more surgeries. We are anxiously awaiting the day when in the back of our minds there is no fear of what the next step could be, when we will know that Hudson has a strong, healthy heart and can do all the things that Bryan and I dream for him to do.

We appreciate all of the encouragement more than you know! Please continue to lift us up in your prayers!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Prayers for a good report...

Next Tuesday, November 17th, Bryan and I will take Hudson to Texas Children's Hospital for an echo. Back in April at his check-up they found that he has a muscle bump growing in his right ventricle that is creating turbulance through that ventricle. Please lift us all up in prayer. Here are some specifics:

~ Pray that Hudson is cooperative and that sedation medicines are not needed.
~ Pray that no anxiety occurs for any of us.
~ And most importantly pray that Hudson's echo shows no need for an additional surgery!

We have faith that God can heal his heart completely and are hopeful for that. Whenever our family crosses your mind please lift us up in prayer!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6