I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, January 25, 2010

Doctor Update...

Today was the day that we went to Texas Children's Hospital and met with Dr. Fraser. (We really liked Dr. Fraser because he didn't sugar-coat anything.) They took Hudson's weight(a little over 27 pounds), height(around 37 inches) and blood pressure. You would of thought that they were trying to put an iv in Hudson with the way he was screaming and crying! Poor baby, I think that he has been traumatized. Dr. Fraser explained that Hudson's surgery will indeed need to be open heart surgery again. (That's a little disappointing, but we want it to be fixed properly.) He explained that where the muscle band is in his right ventricle this would be the best option and that if he were to go through a catheter that he would feel like the surgery would be "experimental" and would not be the best option. He did say that we could wait a year, two, four or even ten years. However, right now Hudson's heart looks good. If we decided to wait we would then be risking the side effects / complications to occur and the surgery could possibly be more complicated. He said that the muscle band will not get better for sure, but it could possibly stay the same. Bryan and I both feel that it would be best to go ahead with the surgery while Hudson is still young and is able to bounce back from it and hopefully not have much memory of this time.

Dr. Fraser said that while they are in there they will:

* fix the muscle band - Dr. Fraser said that they will take the band out, but stay
on the side of caution as to note take too much of and damage the right ventricle.

* replace the patch on the previous VSD - Dr Fraser said that the patch is being to push into the right ventricle. There is concern that eventually the patch could be damaged.

* fix the leaky tricuspid valve that was repaired in the 1st surgery - He said that more than likely the reason for the valve leaking again is from the pressure caused from the VSD as well as the muscle band.

We should be hearing from his office in the next month and we are wanting to schedule the surgery for the beginning of the summer.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. You never dream that your child will have to go through something so serious at a young age, much less ever! Pray that God will continue to show us HIS hand in this situation, that we will continue to trust HIM completely knowing what is best for our precious baby! Pray that the surgeons will be able to completely repair his heart and that this will be the last surgery needed. Pray for strength for Bryan and I to process all of this.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Nana!

Happy Birthday Nana! We love you!

Sunday, January 10, 2010


In the midst of the holiday season it slipped my mind that I hadn't updated that Hudson's appointment with the surgeon has been changed to January 25th. Please continue to lift us up in prayers. Our specific prayer is that God will still choose to completely heal Hudson's heart. However, if surgery is needed we pray that it will be the least invasive surgery possible.