I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

HuDsOn'S pLaYHOusE turns to oUtHoUSe

Monday started our "potty training BOOT CAMP".  We had an overall successful day, only 8 accidents.  (Hudson is on a fluid medicine still from his surgery, this will make ANYONE become a free flowing fountain.) 

I know that this was / is going to be a difficult task because we have a difficult, um...hardheaded, um...no, just plain stubborn child on our hands.  We converted his playhouse into his outhouse!  He has loved running in there to go potty.  There are some things you don't think of when potty training a toddler.  I have to put the potty in the back of my car to run to get my Mam or to go pick up Chick-fil-A.  I'm sure I got some crazy looks pulling over in Target's parking lot, opening the back, and putting Hudson on the potty - haha!

Tuesday was better.  Only 2 accidents (I'm not counting poo-poo as an accident.  For some reason this is really freaking him out.  Any advice to make "going" to the bathroom easier?) and that was after his "water pill"!  WooHoo - Mommy & Daddy are oh so PROUD of you Hudson!  Hudson did run around naked a lot of the day - which I think actually made him more aware of his need to go.

Today proved to be an even better day!  We had 1 yucky accident in which we actually threw his underwear in the trash!  I thought that I would make a point after he was completely grossed out by the mess on his bottom & leg.  We both marched out to the garage trash and dumped Queenie & Mater.  I think Hudson was just glad that it wasn't ON HIM!  We only had 1 other accident!  I think that we are making baby steps toward having a toilet trained little boy!  WooHoo

I must say that the best decision we made was to dump the pull-ups besides at night and during rest time.  We will work our way up to those.  (I really don't want to be up at all hours of the night changing sheets.)  On a side note - Hudson is staying dry during those times! 
Sorry about all the details, I NEVER want to forget this!

Hudson - Mommy & Daddy are oh so proud of how WONDERFUL you have done!  We love you!

7 comments:

Marcia said...

Way to go Hudson! I have a potty in the back of my car too and wonder all the time what people think when they see us.

Mimi said...

I laughed all the way through this post! He is a VERY smart boy and he will learn that Mommy WILL win this battle!! I am proud of our sweet boy for trying so hard. Hope the sugar overload passes~ Mom

Melissa said...

TOo fuNny!!!! What a big boy!!! We are so proud of you Hudson! Keep up the good work! Love us!!!

carrie said...

How awesome is that... his very own outhouse! I must say, very clever! Sounds like he is definetly on his way to being potty trained. Keep toughing it out and the two of you will make it! Thomas had to sleep (night time & naps) in pull ups for about a year a think. Way to go Hudson.

Judy said...

I love the Outhouse and whatever works do it. I once saw a lady at the post office take out a potty chair for her child in the parking lot and I thought oh how smart I wish I had thought of that when I was potty training my kids.
Just be patient and don't give up thankfully we will not have him going to kindergarten in pullups.

We are all so so proud of him.

Love you,
Nana

Gulley Gang said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the outhouse! What a GREAT idea, and it sounds like it is working perfectly for him. We had the hardest time with Cade not wanting to poo poo in the potty! He would run off and hide, and I didn't think he would ever out grow it. We suffered several long months of him doing this, and then finally one day he just got it. Don't get discouraged, pooping in the potty seems to be difficult for a lot of boys! Hang in there and he will get it.

Gulley Gang said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the outhouse! What a GREAT idea, and it sounds like it is working perfectly for him. We had the hardest time with Cade not wanting to poo poo in the potty! He would run off and hide, and I didn't think he would ever out grow it. We suffered several long months of him doing this, and then finally one day he just got it. Don't get discouraged, pooping in the potty seems to be difficult for a lot of boys! Hang in there and he will get it.