I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, April 20, 2009

Cardiologist Update

I took Hudson to the cardiologist last Tuesday by myself because it was just “a 6 month check-up”. We had an echo and EKG done. The Dr. saw something on the tests and told me that he was taking his case to the board. The last time he did that was when surgery was decided upon. Of course you could imagine when Dr. S told me he was taking the case to the board I went into panic mode. I talked to Dr. S Friday afternoon and he told me what it appears to be. (I’m not sure if he told me it’s a side effect (not common) of VSD or VSD surgery.) There is a “muscle bump” that is forming on the wall of the right ventricle which is causing turbulence, more than should be. His hole that he has (in between his right and left ventricle by the hole that was patched during surgery), which we know he has, is in that same area, but still should not be causing much turbulence at all! What it boils down to is that what is now a “muscle bump” could grow into a muscle band and divide the right ventricle into 2 chambers. If that occurs then we would have to go have the muscle removed, meaning surgery yet again. As you can imagine this is the last thing that Bryan and I want for Hudson. We are praying in faith that God will choose to heal Hudson’s heart completely! Please pray this with us! We go back in 6-9 months to TCH to have an echo in their lab (we see Dr. S at the satellite clinic in Clear Lake normally). The results of that test will show us what step we take next. Our prayer is that we get to share with everyone the miracle that God performed on Hudson’s heart to heal it! As you can imagine as soon as I got in the car after Tuesday’s appointment I told Bryan that never again would I go to a cardiologist appointment alone! Please keep us in your prayers.

Of course this is an answered prayer alone that this new diagnosis is nothing that needs immediate action!

We love you all!

7 comments:

Laura Ann said...

Praying for you guys ans sweet Hudson. Standing in belief with all of you that Hudson's little heart will be healed.

Angela said...

Hudson is in my prayers daily but I will definitely be praying for him even more.

Mom said...

Dad and I have set aside a special time each night to specifically ask God to heal Hudson's heart. We have faith that He will answer our prayers!

Jodi said...

Hi this is Jodi, Scarlett's mom! We will be praying that God will heal Hudson's heart and that we can all rejoice in this miracle!

Anonymous said...

Praying daily for God to heal Hudson's heart. Love the new picture on the website!!! Kathy

Angela (Field) Pivonka said...

I will keep praying for Hudson and for God to heal his heart! I will pray for mom & dad as well!

Charlie said...

Steph,

Ali told me the other day that she thought there may be something up with Hudson because her mom had gotton an email from your mom or brian's mom, not sure. Anyway so I wanted to let you guys know that we are praying for yall so much and for yall's little man!!! Let us know if there is anything we can do. Love yall!! Much Love, The Cantrells