I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, April 25, 2011

12 weeks

Today we had our 12 week ultrasound.  Thus far everything looks good!  It's unbelievable to see at 12 weeks how much the baby can do!  God is incredible!!  The heart was beating at 171 bpm.  We saw the baby's right hand and could count 5 fingers (the left hand didn't get that visible).

It was also amazing to see the baby opening and closing its mouth and swallowing!

Already there were similar things that Hudson and the baby do.  Hudson constantly had his little hands by his face, today the baby kept putting its hands by its face.  Also, the baby's legs were crossed at the ankle.  Hudson does this a lot!

We tried to get the ultrasound tech to guess at the gender, but the umbilical cord was hanging out down there...no guesses.  I guess we'll have to wait.



Of course I couldn't leave you without a picture of our sweet boy and some stories I don't want to forget!

Today when he got home from Nonni's I was showing Rochelle the pictures of the baby.  (We have told him about the baby, however it's hard for a 4 year old to understand considering I don't have a belly yet.)  I showed him the picture and told him that is the baby that is in mommy's tummy.  He bent down, looked at me and said "Where's the baby?  I can't see it"  Too funny!  I let him feel by little bump that I have and tried to explain that the baby is in there. 

When we got inside I was fixing him a snack.  He walked over to me with a serious face and said "Since you have a baby in your tummy can you eat food?"  I said of course.  He said "I bet it eats all the crumbs!"  How I love my sweet Hudson!

We feel so incredibly blessed! Please continue to keep us in your prayers for a healthy baby (heart) and a smooth pregnancy!

5 comments:

Laura Ann said...

Congratulations....so excited for the three of you (soon to be four)! Hmmmm...judging from that heartbeat looks like you might be adding some pink to the Carnes household very soon (fingers crossed).

Emma saw the picture and said, "Mom, what is that?" I said on Emma sweet Hudson is getting a baby brother or sister and she replied, "I think it's a girl and her name is going to be, uh I don't know I have to ask Hudson."

Praying you continue to have a healthy pregnancy and an even healthier baby to hold soon.

Mimi said...

This is going to be very interesting for Hudson! I can't wait to see how God continues to bless us! LOVE my new grand's precious face!!!
Mimi

Melissa said...

He is so funny! Oh the precious things that come out of that sweet boy's mouth! So happy that the baby is growing and healthy! I agree with Laura...heartrate sounds like a healthy baby GIRL!!!! I hope so!!!! Love to you all!

Gulley Gang said...

Congratulations again! Your little baby looks so beautiful and I can't wait to find out the sex. Keep us all posted with your and sweet pea's progress.

Carrie Istre said...

Oh, Stephanie! I got chills looking at the pictures of your sweet little bundle and reading your awesome feelings. Prayers for the rest of the pregnancy!