I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bye - Bye Passi

Oh my goodness...no one told us that taking Hudson's passi away would be so hard. Before he was a year old we took his bottle away cold turkey, no problem. This adventure just began Sunday night. We decided that Hudson should give his passi's to his baby cousins (Chance & Brynlee) that will be here soon because he is going to be the BIG BOY! We bought a book talking about how it is so much fun without passi's and we've been telling him that soon he will be a big boy and big boy's don't need a passi. Yeah right! Last night we put him to bed at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30 and finally 10:30. Everytime we layed him down he would start screaming (I mean the type of screaming that your voice changes pitches!), "Mommy passi, Daddy passi". Our poor baby! I think it's harder for us because it would be so easy to give Hudson what he wants and for all of us to sleep! Any advice for us?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reassure him everynight before putting him down. Stay calm and DON"T give in. It will get easier!! Love~ Mom

Anonymous said...

You are strong parents!! Each night will get easier!! You know it is the best for him! I just wish we could hide thumbs or take them away!! Good luck!!

~Alicia

Kristen said...

We don't do paci's over here. :) They never liked them. I wish you the best and i know he will get used to it. :)
Goodluck!

Love you!

Melissa said...

It will get easier (or that is what I have been told anyway). But don't give in....he will be fine in a few days!!! It just breaks my heart to know that he is screaming like that. My poor baby!!! Good luck!