I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Prayers for Strength

Last night was good for Bryan and I. We were able to sleep for a little while my mom, dad, Bryan's mom and sister took shifts with Hudson so that we could sleep. Hudson (as well as all of us) need prayers for strength, comfort and peace. Hudson had a good first half of the night and then he became agitated. He is coming off the anesthesia and is starting to fight a little. I feel like he's confused, not being able to understand what is going on. I was in the room this morning and was able to rock him for about 2 hours. Just holding him was such a blessing! Hudson keeps fighting to turn over, he is definitely our stomach sleeper. The Doctor decided that instead of fighting he would let him sleep on his stomach. Please pray that he is able to rest a little. They said as long as he is like this they will keep him in ICU. Thank you! We love you all.

I have attached the link to our little friend Cate's blog on the side. Please continue praying for them as well.

4 comments:

tennistom said...

I am grateful that the dr is willing to be flexible enough to let Hudson sleep on his abdomen - even thought this may not be the conventional approach, it is far better than having him irritable and not understanding why he can't turn over and just rest - there will be less fighting this way, which will lead to increased healing time. It can only be a great help to Hudson if he is allowed to be as comfortable in this process.
My friends and I are praying for peaceful and productive healing days ahead for everyone. Everyone is tired, nerves are on edge, and we pray for each of you to have the strength to accept and overlook things said or done that may seem hurtful at the time, but are not intended to be.
Try to find some humor and laugh when you can - It is good medicine, and is totally free no matter what medical plan you have.
Thinking of you all -
Tom B

Anonymous said...

We, and all of our friends and family are praying for Hudson and your family. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. We are all praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't help but smile when I read that Hudson is being allowed to sleep on his tummy...Everyday at naptime I would give him a hug, lay him down, give him his passy and cover him with a blanket. In just a few minutes I would check on him and - ALWAYS- he would have that blanket wadded up, tucked underneath him and seemed to be hugging it. It's the way he slept best. With what he's been through I'm sure anyhing familiar to him is a blessing, even if it's as simple as "tummy sleeping". I'm thinking of you all often, keeping you in my prayers and hoping that everyday is a better day. My best to all of you -

Phyllis

David said...

We thank God for a successful surgery and that Hudson has begun to recover and heal! We continue to pray for his strength, health and full recovery. We are also praying for Cate and Brad.

Please let us know if you need anything. We love you guys. David and Jana