I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, June 15, 2008

We are out of ICU!!!

A picture of our sweet boy sleeping in his new recovery room!

The nurses kept telling us that we would turn a corner and things would look 100% better. This morning at 2:00 am Hudson hit the turning point. He began talking and giggling. What a blessing! It was so comforting to know that God gave our precious boy back the same way (of course a whole heart now) we left him, in the hands of the surgeons. When I got up there this morning Hudson saw me and wanted me to hold him. Hudson even told his daddy "I Daddy!", that's Hudson's way of saying I love you daddy. So sweet to hear those words uttered to Bryan on Father's Day. The Doctors made there rounds and decided that it was time to send Hudson down to the 15th floor and out of ICU! Praise God for such a short stay there and for the incredible nurses He blessed Hudson with and who comforted us! Around 1:00 pm Bryan and I went to ICU and helped transfer him to our new room. He is doing really well. He's definitely still exhausted and sleeping a lot. He still has his chest tube in for drainage, so hopefully that will slow down and he can get it out soon. Please feel free to stop by for a visit. We're in room 10 on the 15th floor. Again, thank you for all the prayers and please continue to ask God for a quick recovery!

16 comments:

tennistom said...

A picture is truly worth a thousand words - Hudson looks so peaceful and healthy.
Praise The LORD!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys we have been praying for all of you.and will continue to do so.we love you all
Buddy & Becky

Cindy Townsend said...

What a blessing to see Hudson looking so much better! We will continue to pray for a smooth recovery. How wonderful it must have been for Bryan to hear "I daddy" on this day!! You all, and baby Cate will continue to be in our prayers.
Much love,
The Townsend's

Anonymous said...

We managed to stop by for a visit this evening to find Hudson with his Grandma Judy. Hudson had finished a little bit of his supper and was looking quite sleepy when we arrived, but upon producing a box of animal cookies for him, he perked up. Hudson ate several cookies and was then giggly and kept telling us "Hi." He appears to be quite the little trooper despite the magnitude of what he has been through, and we will be praying for his complete recovery. May the Lord bless all of you with strength and rest.
-Debbie and Jack Blackburn

Unknown said...

What an amazing little boy you have!! We can't wait to see his smiling face and give you all hugs!
Love,
The Jerlas

Gwen Brown said...

Praise God! I am so glad to see your postings and pictures. Thank you for keeping us posted. We will keep sending our prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That is WONDERFUL news!!! Praise God!!!!

joe.peebles said...

Go Hudson! I'm so glad everything went well.

Anonymous said...

God has truely blessed you all. Much love and prayers from all of us here at the office.

Randy, Charlotte, Mai, Jennifer, Ronnie, Bill, Neil, Bert, Jeff, John, Brandon, Marvin and (Henry too even though he is out sick today)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

Things are sounding so positive and wonderful! Our God is good! Prayers are continuing for Hudson, Bryan and Steph. Also, for Cate and her family! We love you all so very much!!! Kathy, Ritchie, Ryan and Taylor

Anonymous said...

Bryan & Stephanie, I was so happy when I turned on my computer this morning and found it to be filled wih good news in regard to baby Hudson. The three of you have been in prayers. I also put in a prayer request to my Sunday School Class at C.F.B.C. God is so good and He does answer prayer. I thank Him for His healing power and the love He expresses in our time of need. What an awesome God we have. He is still in control and I am believing that He has given baby Hudson a strong and healthy heart. I will continue to lift you up in prayer. Take care and I look forward to more updates.

Love, Gloria & Dewey Lowery

Lori Baker said...

We thank God for Hudson's recovery to date -- what an answer to prayer! Please know that so many are praying for Hudson and your family -- including me and my husband (I work with Melissa). Thank you for the updates you are providing.

In Him:
Lori & Michael Baker

Anonymous said...

Thanks to God for Hudson's recovery to date -- what an answer to prayer! Please know that so many are praying for Hudson and your family -- including me and my husband (I work with Melissa). Thank for posting updates.

In Him.
Lori & Michael Baker

Anonymous said...

We are so relieved he is doing so well and will continue to pray for you all. Please let us know if we can do anything. Cindy & Allen

Anonymous said...

Hi little Hudson,
This is from that woman you know and love you just don't know my name yet. You just keep getting better, you've been in my prayers every single day, and you just don't know how much your mom and dad and all of us love you! I will be back to visit you soon. I love you very much, your Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Hudson and his family ! I pray for all of you. I know you are all so happy and soon it will seem like a wonderful dream.You will look at your son and say I can't beleive he was ever sick. Judy Pullara